Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Metzli’s Guide to the (TR DPS) Galaxy


I play Metzli on the Beholder server. This is going to be a guide covering everything you could ever want to know about rogue dps, and probably more. I will be making many points that differ with what you may see in other guides. Most of those are discussed in the main post, any other questions you can comment here and I will get back to you. I continually update this to reflect corrected/new information.




First off, here are screenshots of the power/feat builds that I am using:
Powers

Feats


Dailies: Shocking Execution/Whirlwind of Blades, Lurker’s Assault
At-Wills: Could of Steel, Duelist’s Flurry
Class Features: Tactics/Invisible Infiltrator, Skillful Infiltrator
Encounters: Lashing Blade, Shadow Strike, Blitz/Wicked Reminder
A “/” between two abilities means to situationally swap the two abilities, or that I have yet to determine which is actually stronger overall.
A few notes on the spec before we get started:
1. This spec is purposely not defensive in any way. If you want to do anything other than dish out damage and apply some offensive debuffs, this spec is not for you. It is also not particularly strong for pvp.
2. I do not currently know of a *convenient* way to watch the stacks of the duelist’s flurry bleed on a target or the deadly momentum buff, so I am disregarding different ways to optimize around these (Such as trying to weave in Sly Flourishes. I explain later in the post why this is currently not a good idea).
3. The spec is also designed around the usual role of a rogue in end game dungeons, IE murdering the boss as efficiently as possible. Therefore some possibly better AoE is not included in the main boss build.

No comments:

Post a Comment